Situated at the center of the campus, the English-as-an-Additional Language (EAL) department is an integral part of the TASIS England Upper School. The overall aim of the EAL Program at TASIS is to enable every international student to graduate fluent in English and prepared to excel at university and in their chosen professions.
Each year, graduating international students go on to study at prestigious universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, and their own home countries. Our EAL teachers pride themselves on the secure, family environment they strive to create within the International Center. Students who join our program will not only grow academically, they will also learn about themselves and the cultures of others. They will be stretched and challenged and, ultimately, enriched in many ways.
- Four levels of English instruction
- Specialized instruction in History, English, and Science
- Blended schedule of EAL/mainstream classes, if appropriate for the student
- Mainstream class in mathematics for all students
- Small classes comprised of all nationalities
- An encouraging, positive approach to teaching
- International Section courses are offered in Sciences, History, and English.