The School has a wide range of policies and procedures which govern its safe and compliant operation.
These are drawn from guidance and good practice established across the UK and reviewed on a periodic basis by the school and approved by the Board of Directors.
TASIS The American School in England is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges and the European Council of International Schools. Read the most recent NEASC and CIS accreditation report here.
The School is a member of the Independent Schools Association and, as such, is subject to inspection by the Independent Schools inspectorate (ISI), the leading UK and overseas independent school inspectorate. You may read the May 2019 ISI inspection report here.
We have compiled some of the most relevant policies here. Please take a moment to read the following.
- Safeguarding Children - Child Protection Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE)
- Accessibility Plan 2021-2024
- Administration of Medication and Medical Needs Policy
- Admissions Policy
- Anti-Bullying (Countering Bullying) Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Behaviour Management, Discipline and Sanctions Policy
- Boarding Students Host Stay Policy
- Complaints Procedure for Boarding Students
- Complaints Procedure for Parents of Students
- Confidentiality and Information Sharing Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Educational Visits and Off-site Activities Policy
- Faculty and Staff Behaviour Policy (Code of Conduct)
- Fire Safety Policy & Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- First Aid Policy
- Guardianship Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Health Center Policies and Procedures
- Independent Listener Policy & Role Description
- Language and English as an Additional Language (EAL) Policy
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy
- Online Safety Policy
- Operation Encompass
- Personal, Social, Health & Economic Education (PSHEE) Policy
- Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation Policy
- Records Retention Policy
- Relationships & Sex Education Policy
- Risk Assessment Policy
- SAFER Recruitment Policy
- Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy (Including Child-on-Child Abuse)
- Single Equalities Policy
- Spiritual, Moral, Social, and Cultural Development (SMSC) Policy
- Students Missing Education & Missing Students Policy
- Supervision of Students Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
Please note: Our policies are updated on an ongoing basis and policies with earlier publication dates should be adhered to until they are updated.