The School has a wide range of policies and procedures which govern its safe and compliant operation. These are drawn from guidance and good practice established across the UK and reviewed on a periodic basis by the school and approved by the Board of Directors.
TASIS The American School in England is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges and the European Council of International Schools. Read the most recent NEASC and CIS accreditation report here.
The School is a member of the Independent Schools Association and, as such, is subject to inspection by the Independent Schools inspectorate (ISI), the leading UK and overseas independent school inspectorate. You may read the May 2019 ISI inspection report here.
We have compiled some of the most relevant policies here. Please take a moment to read the following.
- Safeguarding Children - Child Protection Policy
- COVID-19 Safeguarding Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE)
- Accessibility Plan 2017-2020
- Administration of Medications Policy
- Admissions Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Behaviour Management, Discipline and Sanctions Policy
- Behaviour Policy for Faculty and Staff
- Download the Complaints Procedure for Boarding Students
- Complaints Procedure for Parents of Students
- Confidentiality and Information Sharing Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- EAL and Language Policy
- Educational Visits and Off-site Activities Policy
- E-Safety Policy
- Fire Safety Policy & Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- First Aid Policy
- Health And Safety Policy
- Health Center Policies and Procedures
- Independent Listener Policy & Role Description
- LWRH Policy
- Mental Health Policy
- Operation Encompass
- PSHEE & Citizenship Policy
- Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation Policy
- Records Retention Policy
- Risk Assessment Policy
- SAFER Recruitment Policy
- Single Equalities Policy
- Download the SMSC Policy
- Students Missing Education & Missing Students Policy
- Supervision of Students Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Guardianship Policy
Please note: Our policies are updated on an ongoing basis and policies with earlier publication dates should be adhered to until they are updated.