Scholarships and Financial Assistance
WOULD YOUR CHILD FLOURISH AS A MEMBER OF A GLOBAL COMMUNITY IN SURREY?
OUR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS MAY HELP REALIZE YOUR AMBITION
TASIS The American School in England offers an exceptional range of opportunities, including our Global Community Scholarships, to enable children with intellectual curiosity, principles, and an open mind to thrive at our School.
Our Global Community Scholarships are non-means-tested awards of up to 25% of tuition fees available to students entering from Grade 8 (Year 9) to Grade 11 (Year 12) who are excelling in their academic studies, with the potential to make an exceptional contribution to our School, including in the sports, arts, or extracurricular activities. One of our scholarships will be reserved for alumni of our Summer Program.
We also offer means-tested Financial Assistance to new and current members of the School at any grade. Financial Assistance (depending on your personal circumstances) could represent a high proportion of overall tuition fees and may be awarded to any qualifying student who satisfies our academic requirements.
For full information about, and to apply for, our means-tested Financial Assistance please contact our Admissions Office on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are required to submit supporting evidence of their income, capital, and other assets. Means testing is carried out annually and levels of support will fluctuate with parental income.
TASIS England’s mission is to nurture intellectual curiosity and to embolden each learner to flourish as a principled, open-minded, and compassionate member of a global community. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who show excellence in their:
· Learning through curiosity
· Ownership of their learning process
· Character development
· Commitment to service and community
A limited number of Scholarships are offered for day and boarding students entering from Grade 8 (Year 9) to Grade 11 (Year 12). Awards will normally be up to 25% of fees, though this may be increased for exceptional candidates.
Families and students who apply for means-tested Financial Assistance will also be considered for Scholarships. Families and students who apply for Scholarships will not automatically be considered for Financial Assistance.
To be considered for our Global Community Scholarships, students must meet the School’s normal academic requirements for admission and additional scholarship requirements.
We welcome applications from candidates from all ethnic and religious backgrounds.
Scholarships are made towards the cost of the fees (including lunches and text books). The School may meet the costs charged by the exam boards for International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement examinations.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A GLOBAL COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP
The process for applying for a Scholarship is as follows:
- Step One – Parents wishing to apply for a Scholarship should indicate their interest on the application form (Parent Statement) and send it to the School by 23:59 (UK time) on March 27, 2020. Parents will also be asked to indicate if they would be willing to accept a full fee-paying place if a Scholarship place was not available.
- Step Two – All applications for Scholarships will be reviewed on receipt. If ineligible for consideration by the Scholarships Committee, families will be informed immediately and requested to confirm that they wish the application process to be continued.
- Step Three – Applications will be considered by the Admissions Committee and processed in the normal way, including confirmation of offer and deposit payment as applicable. Should the candidate not be awarded a Scholarship in Step Four (below), the deposit paid may be refunded.
- Step Four – Candidates who are accepted through our normal admissions process will be considered for Scholarship places by the Scholarship Committee (Head of School, Heads of Sections, Director of Admissions, Bursar) on the basis of:
- Previous academic performance
- Evidence of previous overall contribution to their school(s) (including representation in formal bodies such as Student Council or similar) and the potential to contribute to TASIS overall
- Excellence in the sports or arts, or other extracurricular activities
The above will be supported by information provided by students within the application form, including the essay, and the head teacher’s recommendation during the admissions process. An interview and/or tests may be arranged as part of this consideration process. Current TASIS students will be required to complete a parallel application form/recommendation within the process.
- Step Five – Parents/guardians will be advised if a Scholarship has been awarded.
- Step Six – If a Scholarship is offered and accepted, parents/guardians are required to sign a contract agreeing to the School’s conditions relating to that Scholarship.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE – NEW APPLICANTS TO OUR SCHOOL
Our process for applying for Financial Assistance is as follows:
- Step One – Parents wishing to apply for a Financial Assistance should indicate their interest on the application form (in the Parent Statement) and send it to the School.
- Step Two – Following receipt of the completed TASIS England application form and £150 application fee, a Financial Assistance application pack, including means-test information, will be sent out. In addition to tuition fee remission, grants may also be made available towards the costs of school visits/trips/equipment and examination fees.
- Step Three – Once we have received your completed Financial Assistance application form with all of the supporting information, your application will be assessed by the Financial Assistance Committee. Once approved, a confirmation letter will be sent advising you of the amount awarded and requesting your enrollment deposit.
- Step Four – If Financial Assistance is offered and accepted, parents/guardians are required to sign a contract agreeing to the School’s conditions relating to the Financial Assistance. Once you have received your Financial Assistance letter, should you wish to discuss this, please contact us at email@example.com.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE – CURRENT FAMILIES
Please contact the Business Office for more information regarding the process for current TASIS England families.