We have provided families with the many details of our plans for our community's safe return to campus for the start of the 2020-21 school year. Below are the answers to some of the most common questions that parents have asked. We hope that you find these brief answers helpful.
Please note that the answers shown below reflect the current circumstances. Policies and programs may change to reflect UK Government guidance and other requirements during this dynamic situation. All changes will be communicated with families directly.
- Are students required to wear a face mask on campus? When and where?
- If I’m uncomfortable with my child coming to school due to COVID-19, do I have to send her/him or can they attend classes virtually?
- Will the teachers be required to wear face masks or PPE?
- Will the bus service be running?
- If we live nearby, can we pick up our child’s materials early?
- When will my child receive her/his class schedule?
- How will lunch work with the class schedule and staggered meal times? How will you ensure social distancing during meals?
- If my Lower School child won’t eat what is served, are there any alternatives?
- Will there be screens in the classrooms?
- Will TASIS after-school programs still be available (e.g., sports, clubs, etc.)?
- If we have been invited to the Welcome Day on August 24 and cannot attend in person, will we be able to participate virtually or will there be make-up sessions?
- We will not be on campus for the start of school. How will we get our school materials?
- If I can’t get to the UK in time for my child to start classes, what devices or software will I need?
- We will be arriving late to school (e.g., due to visa issues, flight delays, quarantine). How do I get my child’s uniform?
- When we get out of quarantine and are ready to start school we might not have a complete uniform. Will that be a problem?
- If our child has to start classes virtually, how does she/he get login credentials to do work online?
- If we have to start classes virtually, how do we get notified of our child’s class schedule?
- If we are going to be in a different time zone and my child needs to do asynchronous work, how do we get started and how do we interact with the teachers?