U.S. Passport Service
Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Time: 1 - 3 p.m.
Location: Check in at the student lounge adjacent to the Royals Café (south campus)
As a service to the TASIS community, U.S. Embassy representatives will come to campus to process applications for U.S. passport renewals (adults and children) and changes of name through marriage. After the date of the next Passport Services Day is announced, you will be able to register by replying to Mary Mitchell with your name and the number of passports to be processed.
Passports will be returned in approximately four weeks.
The procedure will be exactly the same as takes place at the Embassy—the only difference is that you don't need to travel into London with your children. There is a helpful checklist of requirements below, but please click on this link to the U.S. Embassy website for detailed instructions on who must attend and what you must bring:
The Embassy kindly requests that all required forms are filled out BEFORE meeting Embassy staff in order to facilitate the interview process. Please ensure that you also bring the required special delivery envelope.
In summary, for passport renewals the following is required from applicants/parents:
- Most recent U.S. passport of the applicant(s)
- Completed (but unsigned) Form DS-82 (for adults) or DS-11 (for children under 16). Please note that the applicant’s social security number is required.
- For children, the original and a clear photocopy of U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, showing parents’ names
- The original and a clear photocopy of both parents’ passports
- The presence of both parents (as well as the children themselves**) is required for child passports, if the child is under the age of 16. However, if one of the parents is unable to appear in person, a Statement of Consent (DS-3053) form may also be obtained from the Embassy website. Please note that the form must be notarized and a copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form must be submitted with the consent form.
- American size passport photos (2” x 2”). Please note that you must remove eye glasses. Some photo booths have the option of American visa photos, which are the same size as passport pictures. Another option is Snappy Snaps in Staines.
- A C5 prepaid, self-addressed, special delivery return envelope (available through Royal Mail post offices).
- Valid credit card for payment of passport fees. Cash will not be accepted. Please be aware that NatWest cards, in particular, create issues at times with the Embassy’s Consular cashier system. (NatWest often declines the transaction on their end).
As of January 1, 2016, the U.S. Department of State no longer adds visa pages into U.S. passports. To mitigate the impact on frequent travelers, the Department now issues 52-page passports to all applicants outside the United States.
Please note that the Embassy will not be able to process applications for Consular Reports of Births Abroad, second “business” passports, or visas for non-U.S. citizens during this visit. These applications must be made in person at the Embassy.
** If you will be taking your child(ren) out of class, it is important that you inform both the divisional office and the relevant teachers in advance.
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.